The White Elephant was born in late 1988, when Gloria, Cynthia and Leslie Broockman held a weekend sale of their excess items in a friend's unused storefront in Middleburg.
The intended two-day venture turned into a weekly event, with customers passing along their own merchandise to the Broockmans to be re-sold in exchange for a portion of the profit.
As word spread, visitors from the entire Tri-state area came to buy, sell and shoot the breeze. Before long, Cynthia and Leslie were opening the store for a couple of hours each weekday during their lunch breaks from their 'day jobs'. What started as a fun way to purge closets and meet new neighbors ended up launching a small, local legend.
Today, The White Elephant is a thriving, full-time consignment business with two locations and a staff of friendly, knowledgeable sales specialists. We know you have choices in consignment, which is why we still strive to set ourselves apart by focusing on what's most important to our customers.
- Selection: We're constantly on the lookout for exciting new items to add to our wide assortment of apparel, accessories, decorative accents and furniture. Visitors to either of our two locations will never find the same collection of merchandise twice. Be sure to stop by often to snatch up the latest steal deals!
- Quality: At The White Elephant, we try hard to screen the thousands of items we receive every week to ensure that it meets our high standards before placing it on our sales floors. We only accept gently-used, like-new items we would be proud to use or display in our own homes. We carefully edit our merchandise offerings. You don't have to sift through mountains of poor-quality goods.
- Service & Value: We retain a staff of friendly, helpful consignment professionals who work one-on-one with each customer to help them select the perfect item. Whether you're shopping for new wardrobe additions for yourself or a unique gift for a friend, we'll provide you with prompt, friendly assistance. The benefit of consignment lies in its cost-effectiveness. We offer an array of eclectic merchandise and premium, name-brand items at unrivaled savings in some of the best-displayed, brightest, most-organized 'boutiques' around. After just one visit, you'll never want to pay full price for apparel or furnishings again.
Need more information?
- Learn How to Consign
- View our Frequently Asked Questions
- Get directions to our two locations
- Fill out our newsletter-sign up in the sidebar for new arrivals